Valentine's Day Safety Tips for Our Beloved Pets

Valentine's Day is a kaleidoscope of emotions, a burst of colors, and a symphony of love. It's a day when hearts flutter, flowers bloom, and chocolates melt in your mouth. The air is filled with the sweet scent of roses, the soft whispers of sweet nothings, and the gentle laughter of loved ones. Lovers exchange gifts, share meals, and dance under the stars. The night sky is ablaze with fireworks, and the stars twinkle with delight, as if they too, are in love.

Sounds wonderful right? When it comes to Valentines Day, images of chocolates, flowers, candles, and tall glasses of adult beverages will come to mind.

We humans take them as a pleasure, however, for our pets, many of the wonderful things we give each other on this day can be dangerous. But dont worry you can keep your pets safe

and still enjoy all the trappings of the holiday by following these Valentines Day safety tips.

Pet-Safe Bouquets

Avoid using toxic plants-Some plants, such as lilies, are toxic to pets and can cause serious health problems if ingested. Avoid using these plants as decorations and keep them out of reach of your pets. If your pet is suffering from symptoms such as lethargy, vomiting or diarrhea, he may have ingested an offending flower or plant. So, to keep your pets safe, you better to use Pet-Safe Bouquets. 

One man's chocolate is another pet's poison

Basically all types of chocolate are potentially life-threatening when ingested by pets-they can cause vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity, seizures and an abnormally elevated heart rate. So it's important to keep them out of reach.

Don't give your pets alcohol

Alcohol can be toxic to pets and even a small amount can cause serious health problems like vomiting, diarrhea, lack of coordination, central nervous system depression, tremors, difficulty breathing, metabolic disturbances and even coma. Avoid giving your pets alcohol, even as a joke, and keep alcoholic beverages out of reach.

Don’t let pets near treats sweetened with xylitol

If ingested, gum, candy and other treats that include this sweetener can result in hypoglycemia (a sudden drop in blood sugar). This can cause your pet to suffer depression, loss of coordination and seizures.

Be mindful of flower arrangements

Some flowers, such as roses, have sharp thorns that can cause injury to your pets. Be mindful of where you place flower arrangements and keep them out of reach of your pets.

Keep your pets away from fireworks

Fireworks can be very loud and frightening to pets, causing stress and anxiety. Keep

Leave a comment

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.